Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Split Rock River Trout, North Shore Lake Superior, MN



Took a side trip to my homelands on the shores of Gitche Gumee after the Ecological Society of America meetings in Milwaukee earlier this month. Brought along my little 3 wt fly fishing set up for grins and giggles. What a blast. Twelve little rainbows in two hours on the Split Rock River, where it empties into Superior. Capped the perfect day with a Bald Eagle landing in a tree near me, which I was able to film. Figured I had better get these posted before Rich posts his Alberta monsters and makes my little minnows totally irrelevant.



































"Those who have never seen Superior get an inadequate idea by hearing it spoken of as a lake. Superior is a sea. It breeds storms and rain and fog like a sea. It is cold, masterful, and dreaded."

Rev. George Grant, 1872

No comments: