Saturday, September 22, 2007

Black Lake - 2007

Squirrels, pronghorn, that's all fine. But, there's really only one thing on this Pennsylvania grouser's mind. Yep, the 2007 Black Lake migration.

I'm one Herter's decoy short (Abbey is spooning it in her eternal sleep), I owe Tidball a battery for his Mojo, I never bought the new duck gun, and I hope that smell coming out of the heater vent of the F-150 isn't toxic.

But, there's a nip in the air. There's a spring in Cody's step. Tidball has reserved the cabin. Reigel's crew has tuned up the SS Abbey's Dream and the boys are writing about new hunting escapades. I'm even starting to think of a recipe or two to try out after a long day of chasing ducks, grouse and woodcock.

Boys, it's business time!1


1 repeated link, or shall we say "motif," for those who missed this hilarious video the first go-round

1 comment:

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Don't forget your business socks...