Monday, July 10, 2006

Exciting News From USFWS!


Ahh, the joys of old-boy networking (I was desparate for a story, PW desperate for fame)...

...from the most recent edition of Fish and Wildlife News (page 11 of this PDF):

Andy Weik is a wildlife biologist for the Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge, located in Maine along the New Brunswick border. Weik recently joined the Service from the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, where he worked on a range of wildlife issues, from endangered species to migratory and upland game bird management. His wife—also a wildlife biologist studying habitat selection of lynx and Newfoundland marten—and young son Nolan joined Weik in his recent move from the metropolis of Bangor to the wilds of the Moosehorn region.

Fish & Wildlife News recently caught up with Weik to get his take on becoming a Service employee, and how well he’s been able to integrate his family with his new refuge family.

5 comments:

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Nice job Josh...you know, I can't help but notice your interview style hasn't changed much since your "independent film making days." You are on your way to defining the genre.

Good night and good luck.

Jim Tantillo said...

"There is no free time with a little toddler."

oh boo hoo ... man do I feel sorry for you.

Anonymous said...

Dr. T, if you knew the kid, you wouldn't feel sorry for me (yet). But you've got to put that quote into context -- it was spoken by someone who actually has a full-time job. You're working full-time now, right? ;{)
- PW

Jim Tantillo said...

oh ouch! Uncle uncle. You sure know how to hurt a guy.

And who thought up that lame fish drinking joke? That smells like Josh ghost-writing your material to me....

Anonymous said...

Josh played me for a sucker with that cock-tail party question. It smelt fishy to me, as I don't think there are cock-tail parties north of Kittery. He really had me walleyed. I had to draw on my memories of Bill Shepherd and the other fish squeezers.
- PW