Saturday, February 02, 2008

NORTHWINDS GROUSE HABITAT MAPS

For those of us that need as much help as we can get, I just discovered Northwinds Enterprises and their Grouse Habitat Maps. Looks like a good investment, especially for someone that doesn't have a lot of time for scouting locations. I see they avoided that State of NY?

For those of you that need some additional help, they're also offering Grouse & Woodcock (PRO) Hunter Workshops at various locations across the Midwest and NE.

I realize it's 9 months away, but need to start thinking about when we're going to convene GROUSE CAMP 2008? Will need to arrange my teaching schedule around so I can be sure to get away.

SJ

4 comments:

Jim T said...

they didn't avoid the State of NY.

I killed the guy who did the map ... he knew too much.

Jim Tantillo said...

hey, a serious comment about grouse camp '08 ....

I'd vote for the week of Columbus Day--that has always given us teaching types almost ten days straight if we string together the weekends and play hooky one or two days.

That would be then (roughly) the weekend of Saturday October 11 through Sunday October 19, give or take an extra day on each end.

Safari Jim said...

Are you implying that you (Cornell) gets that week off? Not so here. I'm going to have to find guest speakers for that week. I've also got reservations for steelhead fishing on the Manistee, but gladly give that up for GC.

So what say the others? Hey PW are your prowling - how would that week work for you? Can you find us a base camp?

Anonymous said...

I'm late to this post, but I can only make grouse camp if it is the Columbus Day week. My damn professional society has scheduled its annual meetings, for the first time in my memory, in October (as opposed to November) and during the first week of October no less. This will likely be a meeting I cannot miss. So , Columbus Day week, puhlease.

Pete