Thursday, June 01, 2006

Grousers Best Writing Award for May 2006

While it is my pleasure to observe that we had numerous examples of fine, old-fashioned hook 'n bullet writing this past month (although mysteriously the man monikered Mr. Mike was mostly mute in May), special recognition must go out to the author of the following words, which appeared in the commentary to Keith's turkey tale:
"Daylight came and the ducks began flying we had a good shoot bagging 1 red head hen,2 mallard hens and 3 mallard drakes.It was so exciting I had to check my breathing was I under the multi flora rose bush or under the big wolf oak NO I was in the marsh and I was not exposed."
As head cheerleader of this outfit it is my honor to award "anonymous" aka Eric Riegel with the first-ever Best Writing Award for his commentary on Cabin Boy's post.

Congratulations Eric, be sure to share your award, don't be greeby with it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done JT, is it possible that there will be a plaque placed in the double black blind to comemerate the award? If not there could it possibly be found under the multi flora rose bush of the big wolf oak? Loard knows we wont find it at the site of the ever elusive six tom story site will we?

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Hear Hear! A Plaque!

Nice gesture, JT , and a worthy effort rightly recognized, Eric. At a minimum, the Wizard of Oz should bestow upon Sir Eric a blogger account.

The "6 toms" story will have to stew in the proverbial crockpot abit. But it will come.

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

oh, and one more thing...don't be greeby with it... SO CLASSIC! That one made me grebe with envy.

Jim Tantillo said...

be happy to--I need Eric's email address. Then we can say... (drum roll please)... greebings from the club.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that he wants you to have it JT? After all he keeps signing in as anonymous instead of clickin in as other and providing you with grebeings and salutations.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award I am truly honored.Jim thanks for the e-mail I will get an account set up soon.Dont let that 6 tom story brew to long you may forget the best parts.

Thanks again Eric

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»