Monday, January 30, 2006

Other things Vicar can talk about

I propose a contest: let's see how many topics Rich could discuss during his 15 minutes of fame on NPR.

Here's a photo from Grouse Camp 2000 or 2001 (someone please help me date it) displaying three of our heroes and three bottles of scotch in various stages of "resource utilization." The scotch varieties appear to be Laphroig, Dalmore, and . . . the third one near Safari Jim is a mystery--any guesses? I guess Springbank.

Anyway, I propose that the Vicar find a way to work scotch into his remarks to the nation.

Hunting ethicists all: Joshua, Safari Jim, and the Vicar
(ca. 2000-01)

2 comments:

Jim Tantillo said...

or I propose I just keep talking to myself. :-)

Rich, try to work in the fact that setters are objectively better than labbablabbadors and that people who hunt with labbablabbadors are bad people. It always works for me.

Path Walker said...

good to see Josh still fairly vertical in this picture with 3 scotch bottles. I recall an astonishingly different outcome from a similar combination a few years later in Maine.