Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pulling the trigger on the mobile grouse camp

Hey gang,
some of you know that my solution for curing the blues over this last month or two has been to go camper shopping. Well, we found a new 2008 "last year's model" that we really liked for a good price, and we've committed to it.


This thing has four bunks on one end, and a foldout bed and 6' sofa/bed on the other. So it will sleep four grousers fairly comfortably, six if necessary.

I'm thinking mobile grouse camp in northern Maine those years we still want to hunt the Allegash but don't have access to a lodge or warden's cabin. Or base camp for an extended U.P. hunt in Michigan. May also make a useful mobile duck camp, deer camp, what have you.

By the way, my wife got her hunter education certificate this past weekend! We've got a date at the Hector Town Clerk's office tomorrow to buy her first-ever hunting license!

So I've got THAT goin' for me. Which is nice.

3 comments:

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Fun! Congrats to Wendy on her entry to the fraternity, er, sorority?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the hybrid purchase.

It will lead you to far and remote grouse coverts coast to coast and you will learn many new phrases..." no friggin way I am turning this in there..."

"yes, I know it burns more gas, but you show me a prius that can tow my camper and I'll buy the damned thing "

and "why isn't the furnace kicking in?"

Beats hell outta spending the weekend on the couch! good for you!

Jim T said...

hey thanks anonymous (Ernie? Eric?) anyway. picking it up on Friday. will keep you all posted.
jt