Saturday, June 06, 2009

another new bird dog

all this talk of bird dog puppies has made me nostalgic . . . . Some of you grousers have been around long enough to know that the first bird dog I hunted over was our Boston terrier Lucy, and I killed one of my first-ever grouse at Connecticut Hill with Lucy's help sometime in the early 90s.

well boys and girls we're back in the Boston terrier business at Chez Tantarlow--meet Henry, named after another famous transcendentalist Bostonian who will remained unnamed.

Henry belongs to my daughter Sophia, who saved up her own money for quite some time to get him.

Don't know how he'll be on grouse, though.

5 comments:

Yeoman said...

Cute! I like Bostons.

But bird dog? I'll be really curious to hear more.

Anonymous said...

He'll be great on birds. Binocular vision is overrated!

Can't wait to meet Henry and the rest of your growing kennel. I hope you are still able to add Maya to the mix July 18-24.

Mr. Bill

Jim Tantillo said...

sure thing Mr. Bill. Yeoman, the art of hunting with a Boston terrier is simply a matter of putting more legs on the ground. kind of like a spaniel.

;-)

Ernie said...

Jim,
I thought most breeds of dogs came with 4 legs, are you saying a shitzu would also make a good hunting dog?

Dr. Dirt said...

Hello Henry! Sheesh, 'tis the era of canine rebirth. Do my eyes deceive me or does he carry a bit of Milo in him? Can't wait to run him with the hunting dogs. Sparks vivid memories of thrashing through the kame wetland behind your house with three bostons, one boxer and two labs...