Monday, December 26, 2005

What Did Santa Bring You?

Santa was very good to us this year. He brought the kids a dehydrator and jerky maker, and Mommy got a new Bradley electric smoker that she really really likes. We christened the smoker with some smoked pork tenderloin last night after its initial seasoning--turned out terrric. Here we come, venison summer sausage!

Santa was kind to me as well: I got a copy of Charles Fergus's A Hunter's Book of Days and a new game cookbook, The Game Cookbook by Clarissa Dickson Wright and Johnny Scott. Grousers will enjoy the cookbook as it is illustrated throughout with classic sporting art and historic photos--truly my kind of cookbook.

We had a great Christmas, hope yours was happy as well!

3 comments:

Dr. Dirt said...

Great! Lou, Rich and I went in together on a Bradley Smoker (conveniently housed chez Kleinman). This will mean that Rich won't need to take ours after he's offered the Nat Res. job in Ithaca.

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

SO, I currently am in possession of one of these, and hope to take possession of the other...not to stir the pot or anything...but can some body update me on this situation? The second half of 2008 waterfowl is coming and I plan to be smokin' some duck and geese breasteses.

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

SO, I currently am in possession of one of these, and hope to take possession of the other...not to stir the pot or anything...but can some body update me on this situation? The second half of 2008 waterfowl is coming and I plan to be smokin' some duck and geese breasteses.