Friday, November 27, 2009

Josh's Field Dressing Tips #1

I had the distinct pleasure to share a Thanksgiving table with the Tidball and Winchell clans yesterday, and inevitably the conversation turned to hunting.

Joshua shared with us some of his considerable connaissance de la chasse he has picked up over the years, including this nugget:

"When field dressing an animal, you should breathe through your mouth"

which apparently aids in the avoidance of any unpleasant smells that may emanate from the body cavity of recently deceased game animals(s).

Thanks for the tip, Josh!! as you might imagine, when shared over Thanksgiving turkey, this hint from Heloise provided the Thanksgiving revelers who were assembled for the occasion an opportunity for much mirth and merriment.

Breathe through your mouth
and oh yes, don't forget your blaze orange bump cap

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I said no such thing. My quote was taken out of context and misused by an unethical journalist attempting to fabricate tension and drama in a story.

I categorically deny making a claim to "breathe through the mouth" while cleaning game. I can provide multiple witnesses who would corroborate my claim, and I am deeply offended by this blog post.

I have contacted my lawyer (one Ms. Tarlow, Esq.) to initiate a slander AND libel claim (cuz I'm lible to flatten this Tantillo guy).

Sincerely,

Lil' Absolute

Marisa Tormei said...

In the immortal words of my cousin Vinny:

"Everything that guy just said is f*cking b*llsh*t."

ps. Fred Gwynn rulz!