Sunday, November 08, 2009

Trick or Treat

Took advantage of a few free hours on Halloween day, heading to "Cobert Covert," with the sole objective of stumbling into timberdoodles. This was my first hunt since Wisconsin, and Lilly worked well, Jim's new cow bell audible at all times. We bumped one bird at the end of the covert, but marked it well. Lilly locked up, a solid point. Tweet. Bang. I dropped the little fella into a tangle of multiflora rose. Just when I was preparing to crawl into the brambles Lilly made a nice retrieve. I breathed a sigh of relief. My pup had returned to her old ways. We celebrated by adding Andy's sticker, now earned, to the bumper.

4 comments:

Jim Tantillo said...

gotta be the cowbell. :-) great news, Pete, sounds like a great hunt.
jt

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Pete

I have a nice photo of you and Lilly from the WI trip that I'll see from my home computer. Glad to hear that her winning ways are showing through now that the is back to normal conditions (i.e., you actually have to hunt to find a bird).

Mr. Bill

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Glad to hear of the Tiger Lilly rebound... terrible twos- I remember it well.

Path Walker said...

good going. The sticker looks good next to the pretty ugly dog. Nice shot.