Saturday, March 04, 2006

A "Core Business" post


Some of y'all might remember, last Fall, when a flight of woodcock arrived in the Finger Lakes Nat'l Forest neighborhood,monsignor Tantillo exhorted Cabin Boy to get to a woodcock covert immediately. Later, Tantillo whined about feeling guilty about hammering the same coverts over and over, ad nauseum navel-gazing blah blah blah.

Anyway, I digress...

Point is, my dogge Artemis had the hunt of her young life on that day, and I am grateful that Jim had previously introduced me to his FLNF haunts.

So, so long 'til huntin' season.

3 comments:

Jim Tantillo said...

Keith, I've been meaning to say, that's an awfully nice photo. well done.
jt

Path Walker said...

nice pup there, CB. I can remember your first timberdoodle kill on that first trip back a couple years. btw, I enjoyed your Maine grouse camp interview -- was able to view the lost footage at chez Winchell over the weekend. vewwy ceweebwal. I'm seewious.

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Vewwy ceweebwal..yer killin me.

Andy, I'll never forget that amazing hunt, the absolutely "atmospheric" weather, my first woodcock...so many great firsts that trip.

Can't even remember the interview you refer to, but I am sure I was acting a fool, or looking foolish, or some fool hardy thing.

Jim, when are you going to post some kate shots?