Monday, October 20, 2008

Homage to Kate

This was kind of a bittersweet camp for me this year. The new dogge Phoebe getting her first lick of grouse feathers, but the old dogge Kate in attendance at what was undoubtedly her final grouse camp. I've got to say, it was one tough ride home in the truck with Kate . . . it's really about over except for that last big decision.

Thus in an elegiac mood I spent some time today putting together this ode to Kate. It's just not going to be the same without her.


7 comments:

Ernie said...

They do tug at the heartstrings, don't they. Nice job on the ode to Kate. Looks like she has thuroughly enjoyed her life at the Tantillo ranch. Thanks for sharing your experiances with us.

Safari Jim said...

JT

Thanks for sharing your Ode to Kate. Brought smiles, laughter and tears. Will always have fond memories of Ms. Kate.

Andrew Campbell said...

Jim: we never know the cards we'll be dealt, for ourselves or for our dogs. All we can hope is that we live as authentically and as lovingly as the dogs that take us into their lives.

best
A+M+M+J

Jim Tantillo said...

thanks you guys. We've got her settled into a new sleeping box in the kitchen, so far so good with that. anyway. thanks.

Dr. Dirt said...

Jim, your effort to honor Kate is really remarkable.

Anonymous said...

Jim,

I've been thinking a lot about Kate, you and your family. Kate's lucky to have you, and I am lucky to have hunted with her.

Joshua

Dr. Dirt said...

Uncle Jim:

I never met Kate, but I love her from your movie. I'm sure you'll miss her. I wish I could have known her. I love Kate.

Kendall