Monday, October 22, 2007

On behalf of Path Walker . . .

. . . whom I've re-invited from his work email address. This missive arrived in the old-fashioned email box today, and it's just too good not to share.

I quoteth the Walker on Paths thusly:

Hey Gang,
I was able to get out for ringnecks last Saturday morning (rain, winds S 15-25mph, T= 55-60, shadow grass). Set up in the wrong spot (tough navigating the canoe in the driving rain and darkness), but had some success w/ ringnecks and blacks anyway. (See attached file: Spy and ducks 10.20.07.jpg) Spidy got some easy retrieves. The hoped-for geese did not show, but 50-100 ringnecks came in early. All and all, fine and pleasant.

May try this again tomorrow morning (this is the last week of the first split). Still haven't gotten the floor in my boat, but a little duck hunting is good motivation for some late night work in the garage. That, and some more decoy painting (goldeneyes are next). Haven't been able to post on the blog for some time, so I figured this would work.

Best to Kate.
- Andy

Andrew, I sent you a new invite. Join up again if possible!

thanks.
-jt

3 comments:

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Whoa...awesome pic.

Dr. Dirt said...

Yeah, a purty shot it were.

If you're serious about a 2008 Maine camp, I might look into a stop at S. Bristol. I'm not sure how much longer the old man is going to hold on to the place. When does the sea duck season kick in?

Path Walker said...

sea duck season runs Oct 1 - Jan 30+/-
I need to look into eider/scoter numbers on the bay here... but I think it's mainly a black duck/whistler/bufflehead kind of place