Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Day Five of Our Vigil for the Vicar

You know, I got so frustrated with the sheer helplessness of not being able to do anything about the Vicar's disappearance that I hopped in the truck first thing this morning before dawn and drove the three and a half hours to State College to see if I could find any clues as to his whereabouts.

Well guess what! I got into his building first thing alright--Armsby Hall--and managed to find his office (111-B). I must have JUST MISSED HIM, because . . . look what I found. This fresh digital picture was taken mere moments ago.

I'm sure that he must have just stepped away from his desk for a moment, perhaps attending an important department faculty meeting or something. But I have to say, there's something to be admired about his work ethic.

Well, I can't wait around all day. Time to hop back into the truck and get back to Ithaca. "Farewell to Armsby," to paraphrase a well known monosyllabically oriented writer. Rich, if you're out there somewhere, well, I hope we can flush you out.

2 comments:

Path Walker said...

lucky bum -- he's got a window seat!

Jim Tantillo said...

but distracting when you get a lot of committee work dumped on you.