Tuesday, January 10, 2006

WHAT THE FRICK IS CABIN ATTIRE!!!!!

I wish I could take credit for the nickname, but cannot. Yes the legend began at Keith's first Maine grouse camp at Spider lake. We were all sitting around the big table in the middle of the cabin (Josh, Keith, JT, Rich, PW, and myself) after having feasted on mosaman. We were drinking Scotch (Guiness for me), smoking pipes and cigars, when someone noticed that Keith had again changed attire for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th times that day and thus made a comment to Keith about doing so (being the newbie he was overdo for his fare share of "ribbing"). In response, Keith tried to defend himself by saying that he wasn't wearing the appropriate "cabin attire" and thus had changed. CABIN ATTIRE we all erupted!!! What the frick is CABIN ATTIRE!! It wasn't long after that someone shouted - CABIN BOY and the legend began. I'm not exactly sure who crowned Keith as Cabin Boy. I think it was Rich, but it actually sounds like something JT would say.

Legend of Cabin Boy also reaches as far as Africa. Pictured here is Cabin Boy in his appropriate Kalahari Sundowner attire.

The man's a walking Orvis catalog!

-SJ

6 comments:

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Sheesh...no ducking and covering is going to save me. This is a full out roast!

Note to self...be careful what kind of toys you give to Dr. T to play with... Blogs kill, etc.

Safari Jim said...

CB - Still a great photo. That was an great night. Sitting on the red sand dunes of the Kalahari, drinking Castles, smoking Cubans, and watching the sun go down over an amazing ecosystem. I think we even had Gemsbuck steaks for dinner too. Man we had a great trip! Much thanks to Josh to bringing you to camp in 2002. Hard to believe I'm getting ready for me 3rd trip to South Africa, which is all a result of that grouse camp. Are we getting together over there again this year? I think it's your turn to buy dinner. Maybe you can join us in the Okavango?

Anonymous said...

ENOUGH, ENOUGH, I GET THE MESSAGE!!! New question, Cabin Boy, what is that on your chin. It looks like hair or is it just a reflection from the African bush?

Jim Tantillo said...

And to complete the effect as I recall, I think he had also slipped into his bunny slippers for the evening's relaxation:

Appropriate Cabin Footwear

Actually it all comes back to me, I vividly recall this, down to the last detail, so you can trust my memory fine on this one.

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Those are bruises, cause whenever I get around youse grouse fools I seem to take it on the CHIN.

gee wilikers- I need to think on all these shananigans on this here billboard.

KGT (aka Cagey) said...

Upon further reflection, I am gratified by this "ribing" thread. Thank you all very much.

"Knowing what you can not do is more important than knowing what you can do. In fact, that's good taste."

— Lucille Ball

In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock.
- T. Jefferson